Saint Malachy Catholic School opened in the fall of 1948 with students in first through seventh grade. The school was under the direction of The Ursuline Sisters of Roman Order and two lay teachers. Due to the increase of enrollment, in 1949, an eighth grade class was added. St. Malachy has been educating children of all denominations in South-Central Los Angeles. Currently, the staff consists of all lay personnel and continues to serve children of the community.
Over the years, St. Malachy Catholic School has flourished into what is now-an additional building that houses our Preschool, Kindergarten and First Graders, a Library/Computer Lab Room and a state of the art playground. Through this addition, we are currently serving 200 students in grades Preschool through Eighth grade. A dedicated faculty and staff of 15, parents, and the surrounding community are dedicated and committed in fostering the growth of the whole child. Over the last 64 years, nearly 3,300 students have graduated from St. Malachy with the highest quality of learning experiences. Each has left as a spiritually alive individual, servant leader, a lifelong learner, a responsible decision maker, and a self-driven dreamer.